A high quality, professional, individually customized gown for your Masters-level graduation ceremonies.
Faithful interpretation of a design literally hundreds of years old, Academic’s Master robe has been provided in only one version, the finest. This is a faculty-quality gown intended for long-term use.
Offset plackets for our solid brass zippers, french seams where the sleeves meet the body, yokes constructed using genuine Pellon ®.
This gown is made in one of two fabrics (your choice): Seville or Islander.
Seville Fabric has a history of about 20 years for academic regalia. Made by one of the largest mills in the USA with VISA anti stain protection. The weave is a gabardine, which provides for a very strong structure, and has excellent wrinkle resistance. It also tends to be somewhat cooler than Islander. Constructed from 100% polyester this fabric can also be washed in an emergency. Like Islander however, the velvet panels are not washable and eventually your robe must be dry-cleaned.
Islander fabric has a history of over 30 years for academic regalia. Imported, 100% Polyester crepe weave with excellent wrinkle resistance and long life. The weave is strong enough to prevent sagging with the weight of velvet bars or front panels, which translates into a longer life for the robe. Polyester provides the important feature of wash-ability, if you accidentally spill coffee or a get bit of frosting on the fabric portion of your robe, saving on extra cleaning. The velvet portion of is not washable and must be dry-cleaned. Islander is slightly more expensive than Seville.
Please include the following information:
1. Confirmation Swatches. We can send you fabric swatch samples of the fabrics and colors used prior to making your gown, on request and for a small fee. The default indicates you do not need such swatches.
2. Fabric Type: Either Seville or Islander (as described above).
3. Fabric Color. The standard fabric is black, but a few schools use a different fabric color. If you need a different color, please include it in the comments (and we will contact you regarding availability).
4. Height. Please do not wear shoes for this measurement.
5. Lettering Type. If you would like, we can embroider your name or initials in your gown free of charge. If you would like to take advantage of this option, choose your lettering type (block or script), and include up to 27 characters in the comments section as “Embroidery: [Your Name or Initials]”.
6. Suit or Dress Size. If you do not know your size, just use Unknown, and make sure you list your specific weight in the comments section.
7. Weight. Enter your best estimate of your current weight within 10 pounds.
If you are unsure about what colors are appropriate for your gown, please use our downloadable forms instead located on our main web site at our Form Download Page.
Quantity discounts apply for orders of 2 or more gowns, as indicated in the upper right hand corner chart.
THERE ARE TWO DIFFERENT TIME FRAMES YOU NEED TO BE AWARE OF: PRODUCTION TIME, AND SHIPPING TIME. THESE ARE NOT THE SAME TIME FRAMES, AND BOTH TIMES APPLY TO ALL ORDERS. DO NOT CUT IT TOO CLOSE (NOT EVEN BY 1 DAY). COUNT THE DAYS NEEDED FOR PRODUCTION, AND FOR SHIPPING, AND PAY FOR THE OPTIONS YOU NEED OR ELSE YOUR ITEMS NOT ARRIVE ON TIME.
Production times vary depending on the time of the year. During checkout, the current standard production time will be presented to you, and you will be given the opportunity to choose a rush order fee to speed your order up.
Production time is a measure of weeks from the date we first process your order to the date we are ready to ship you order, and does not include the time it takes to ship your order to you. You will also be given an opportunity to pay to speed up your shipping time as well during the checkout phase of your order.
If you have any doubts about when you need it to arrive, we strongly urge you to choose the faster rush option and/or shipping option.
Online orders are processed only Tues – Fri (except holidays) from 9am to 3:30pm pacific time, and only those days and hours can count as an order placement date. Orders placed outside of these days or times will be processed on the next available order processing day. Please indicate your graduation date in the comment section of your order, and we will try to accommodate your date.