A high quality, professional, individually produced velvet hood for use with your Academic Regalia gown. This is a faculty-quality hood intended for long-term use.
For all hoods, please select the colors for all four sections of the hood. For online orders, we cannot look up your school and discipline colors for you, and whatever colors you indicate will be the colors use for your hood. If you are unsure about what colors are appropriate, please use our downloadable forms instead (located on our main web site at our Form Download Page.
Please select colors for the following hood sections:
1. Fabric Color: This color generally matches the color of your gown. The standard fabric is black, but a few schools use a different fabric color to match alternative gown colors.
2. Velvet Color: This color is based on degree and/or discipline. If you are unsure of what color to put here, please refer to the color list on our main web page located at our Degree Colors Page.
3. Field Color: This is one of (typically) two school colors. The field is the larger section of the two school colors represented on your hood.
4. Chevron Color: This is the second of (typically) two school colors. The chevron is the smaller section of the two school colors represented on your hood, in the shape of an arrow pointing downward.
5. Degree and/or Discipline Type: Please list your closest degree or degree-equivlent level for the highest level degree.
6. Confirmation Swatches. We can send you fabric swatch samples of the fabrics and colors used prior to making your hood, on request and for a small fee. The default indicates you do not need such swatches.
SPECIAL NOTE: Some Universities vary from the standard hoods described above. They may use a hood with multiple chevrons (up to three), chevrons that point upward, straight bars instead of chevrons, and other variations. While Academic will make such hoods, we do not accept online orders for those hoods at this time. Please use the downloadable forms instead (linked above) if you need to order a non-standard hood.
Quantity discounts apply for orders of 5 or more tams, as indicated in the upper right hand corner chart.
Production times vary depending on the time of the year. During checkout, the current standard production time will be presented to you, and you will be given the opportunity to choose a rush order fee to speed your order up.
Production time is a measure of weeks from the date we first process your order to the date we are ready to ship you order, and does not include the time it takes to ship your order to you. You will also be given an opportunity to pay to speed up your shipping time as well during the checkout phase of your order.
We really are not kidding about our production and shipping time estimates, particularly during the busy graduation season. Please do not cut it close. If you have any doubts about when you need it to arrive, we strongly urge you to choose the faster rush option and/or shipping option.
Online orders are processed only Tues – Fri (except holidays) from 9am to 3:30pm pacific time, and only those days and hours can count as an order placement date. Orders placed outside of these days or times will be processed on the next available order processing day. Please indicate your graduation date in the comment section of your order, and we will try to accommodate your date.