Graduation Dress: Cap, Tassel, Gown, and Hood "How To" Procedures
High school graduation day checklist - What to Wear :
1. How To Dress for Graduation (under the gown): Let your students know about appropriate graduation dress. Men generally wear dark trousers and a dress shirt and tie under their gowns. Women usually wear a lightweight dress or a blouse and a skirt that is shorter than the gown so it does not hang below the robe.
2. How To Wear a Graduation Cap: The high school graduation cap is worn flat on the head, one point of the square facing forward (like a diamond).
3. High school graduation tassel: Tassels are worn on the right side at the start of the graduation ceremony, and you flip it to the left when graduates receive their diplomas.
4. Graduation Gown How To: High school graduation gowns should fall midway between the knee and ankle. They are worn over your regular clothing, zipped up in the front. Women often wear a white or gold collar, while men usually do not wear a collar.
5. Graduation Hood How To: Learning how to wear a graduation hood, and hood procedures, can be a bit of a chore. Hoods are placed over your head, draping off your shoulders and over the back of the robe. The velvet border is on the outside. Make sure the hood lining turns out so that the school colors are visible (turn the trim to the outside at the back, right below your shoulders). If your hood has a cord at the font, fasten it to a dress button or robe zipper to keep it off your neck. You can also view some pictures academic hoods for assistance.
6. Honor Cords How To: The middle knot is put behind your neck. Bring the honour cords to the front, hanging down your sides with two tassels on each side.
7. Honor Stoles How To: Hang the honour stole seam centered on the back of your neck, draping down your front to about your waist.
8. Tams How To: A tam is worn similar to a mortarboard or cap, with one point of shape facing forward, and the tassel handing off the side towards the front. The tassel is often directly connected to the fabric by the use of one or more buttons. Generally, you do not flip a tassel on a tam, but leave it in place.
Continue with a list of things to do for the commencement at Commencement Details.