Commencement Ceremony Information and Tools
This graduation ceremony "graduation how to" guide offers information and tools to help in planning graduation ceremonies.
First, a list of high school graduation ideas for your commencement ceremony, and details of public high school graduation etiquette.
Well before the high school graduation ceremony:
- Graduation ceremony invitation: Include announcements and tickets, date, time, and location. Describe how to dress for graduation. High school graduation dress varies based on the season and region, and is semi-formal wear. Warn of anticipated hot or cold weather, and attendance limitations.
- High school graduation songs and graduation ceremony music: Prepare the band and choir for traditional songs for high school graduation. The classic high school graduation music is Pomp and Circumstance. The graduation ceremony song is the school song, the national anthem, and sometimes a specific high school graduation song.
- Graduation ceremony program: High school graduation programs announce the event order. Graduation ceremony programs vary between public or private schools. An example high school graduation program is here.
- High school graduation decorations: Display the school colors, school logo and symbol. Include a podium, speaker system, seating, and a area for the processional to walk.
- Graduation cap and gown sets: Ordering in March or earlier usually results in a better price than ordering during the busy graduation season that runs from April to June. You will need to have each student measured for height and approximate weight.
- Diplomas: Usually include a high school diploma cover, embossing, and a foil stamped symbol.
Continue with graduation ceremony ideas at high school graduation day checklist.